Monday, September 26, 2011

JFK - The Unspeakable by James W. Douglass

This review is a work in progress. Mr. Donn M. Searle originally recommended it to me. I began it months ago and I'm in the process of finishing it up. It has been an eye-opener and, quite frankly, makes complete sense to me relating to the 1963 murder of President John 
F. Kennedy.


I am including some of Mr. Searle's e-mail dialogue with me as part of this review, used with his permission of course. 


Please check back as the review is updated. 


JC -   I always thought McNamara (then-Defense Secretary)  was a liar when he said that US Troops would be out of Vietnam by the end of '65. Now I know that was JFK's plan and McNamara was just expressing what his marching orders were from JFK. November, 1963 changed all that.


Donn S - " I did not want to believe that highly-placed leaders -indeed, people we regard as patriots, would actually conspire to assassinate an elected President and engineer a coup d'etat. I could not challenge a single claim. I haven't formed an opinion on Merton. Until reading JFK, I hadn't followed him since reading "Seven Storey Mountain" in high school. I do believe Dorothy Killgallen was murdered, to silence the information she was about to reveal from her sole access to Jack Ruby. I'll look forward to your comments when you have finished the book. -Donn"




JC -   What's your take on the death of Dorothy Kilgallen?


"Killgallen was the only reporter allowed an interview by Ruby. From the time Ruby was arrested, he pleaded to be transferred out of Dallas. He had been promised a defense by Melvin elli, for carrying out the assassination of Oswald. Far from the press caricature as a cast aside, low-level would-be mobster, he was in fact, a man of influence in both the mob and the dallas police department. Oswald was to have been killed resisting arrest in the theatre; when that plan backfired, he had to be silenced before going to court. Oswald's quick comment as he was hustled away from the press, that "I'm just a patsy", was a true statement. The one call he was allowed from the dallas jail, was to his CIA handler in Baltimore, who didn't answer. I believe Oswald got wise to what was happening too late to do anything about it. Because he had carte-blanche access to the police, Ruby was the only man capable of gaining access and silencing Oswald. he was made an offer by his superiors, he couldn't refuse. Killgallen had the story; she had no medical history of depression, yet she supposedly committed suicide with an overdose of phenobarbital as she was compiling her interview notes with Ruby. The story would have been apocalyptic to the Warren Commission. Her notes were never found. The only other party to get so uncomfortably close to blowing the investigation sky-high, was District Attorney Jim Garrison's ill-fated effort."


More to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment